During a development of my auto-hosted app, deploying to SharePoint Online started to fail in very undeterministic way.
1. When deploying through Visual Studio yout might receive:
- Cannot register Services/*.svc on Windows Azure Service Bus: Unable to connect to the remote server
- One or more services were unregistered from the Windows Azure Service Bus.
2. When deploying to AppCatalog
- upload of app package to appCatalog site would fail. Usually at repeated attempt it would succeed.
- If deployed succesfully, remote event receivers or workflow would not be triggered (application web wasn’t probably deployed, but there was no error message)
In my web project I used additional libraries (such as Exchange EWS libraries) which weren’t included in the package. These libraries weren’t in Visual Studio set to Copy Local = true.
Make sure to set all yours references to be included in the package.