European SharePoint Conference 2014 (#espc14) held in Barcelona was my first to attend and it was just amazing. I am grateful that I could be there and to be a part of the SharePoint community. It’s wonderful experience and chance to hear and see upfront what’s going on in SharePoint and what are the Microsoft plans.
This article tended to be only for my collegues and friends, but then I realized it’s general enough and it could be useful for others as well. I hope that this will enrich others and will give others some ideas what was presented and what I find interesting.
ESPC was happening 2 month after the main SharePoint conference in Las Vegas. European event is smaller, which I guess is not a bad thing. Mostly I regretted that I cannot split myself to be able to attend multiple presentation (I cannot imagine what I would feel in SPC).
For Czech readers, there are nice articles from Jana Babáčková
If you are interested in some numbers and comparison:
- number of attendees: 10000 (SPC), 1400 (ESPC)
- countries attendees were from: 85 (SPC), 45 (ESPC)
- number of presentations: 230+ (SPC), 100 (ESPC)
(these are not official and exact numbers)
Well, now to the presentations. This list is what I found most interesting for developers. Also, it’s a list I would easily recommend to others to read through or watch. I was inspired by similar post by Jeremy Thake about SPC, which you can find here.
If it exists, I attach link to live video to SPC conference with same/similar presentation (SPC presentations were recorded, ESPC’s nope).
1. Keynote: Now We Know, Now We Don’t (Dan Holme)
2. Understanding the Five Layers of SharePoint Security (Michael Noel)
3. Optimizing SQL Server for Speedy SharePoint (Sahil Malik)
4. Think You Can Hack SharePoint? (Liam Cleary)
5. The Ultimate SharePoint Infrastructure Best Practices Session (Michael Noel)
6. ALM for Developing Apps and Sandboxed Solutions Targeting Office 365 (Jeremy Thake)
8. Transitioning Your SharePoint Solution Model Skills to the New SharePoint App Model (Jeremy Thake)